I am so proud of Juli!! Her therapist is working on putting together different things and exercises that can help to "desensitize" her and help her to feel better. She has improved with her balance on the "log swing" as I call it. It is a huge long cylinder shaped swing that she sits on while Stephanie moves it back and forth and all around. At first Juli would always keep one foot securely on the puffy pillows that are placed on the floor under the swing to catch her if she falls off. Well she has now graduated to being able to trust herself enough to lift her feet up and use them to secure herself and balance herself on the swing. This is huge according to Stephanie. Way to go Juli :). That's my girl!!
This is amazing to me as Stephanie REALLY moves that swing when Juli is on it!! I went on one time to make Juli feel comfortable and I was dizzy within seconds of it starting to move and I almost fell off. This is probably because Stephanie is pretty sure that I have a mild version of SPD myself. But that is a whole other entry in itself which I will explore more later.
I couldn't believe that Juli went from planting that food on the mat every time to one day finally being comfortable enough to bring that foot up and secure it on the log swing itself. I was and am so proud of her!! Now she can really start getting the full benefit of what that swing is designed to do.
We are also working on leg and arm compression exercises. I hold onto her ankle and knees and push them towards each other. The pressure is supposed to help Juli to feel better. She is actually starting to really like them as she is now finally letting me do them with her at home and the last couple of days she has actually come to me and ASKED me to do them for her. Oh, I am so proud of her!! She also asked me to do the arm ones, but I am still learning how t properly do those ones so I couldn't do it myself for her yet. I told her I would learn those ones this week so we could do those for her too. She said that was ok.
Just had to share my sweet girl's amazing accomplishment :).
No comments:
Post a Comment